This month Dr Anna Goodwin, Oncologist with special interest in Nutrition and Environmental Medicine was the guest speaker….she certainly kept us all riveted and we all took home messages. Here are a just few…
- Choices make us feel more empowered
- Fear takes power and joy away
- Meditation – find ways to positively manage stress, eg consider the single nostril breathing technique if you find meditation difficult.
- Exercise – walk regularly at least 5 times a week
- Diet – food is the best medicine, especially brassicas as well as garlic, ginger, onions and home grown herbs. There was much discussion about the varieties of milk – almond, soy and coconut milk are good.
- Adequate consumption of water – no need for fizzy drinks or specially bottled water. Red wine and coffee are not evil, just consider the amount ingested.