Who can receive Sweet Louise services?
If you have been diagnosed with advanced (metastatic) breast cancer, you may be eligible to register with Sweet Louise and receive free access to Sweet Louise services.
Advanced breast cancer refers to breast cancer that has recurred and spread from its original location to other parts of the body. Advanced breast cancer can also be called metastatic or incurable breast cancer.
As part of the registration process, we will confirm your eligibility with your medical advisers.
If you have any questions, please call 0800 11 22 77 or email [email protected].
Sweet Louise support and services for members
We currently offer services to those living with advanced breast cancer throughout most of New Zealand. Sweet Louise support includes:
- Support from a local Support Coordinator
- An annual allocation of vouchers (up to $300) to spend on our range of complementary and practical services. These include meal deliveries, house cleaning, lawn mowing, wigs, massage and reiki. All complementary services are approved by our Medical Advisory Board.
- Member meetings offer peer support and the chance to connect with others in a similar situation. They also offer inclusive activities and interesting speakers presenting on relevant topics. Member meetings are available in locations throughout New Zealand.
- Member e-newsletter sent approximately every two weeks with resources, latest news, stories from our members and more.
- A wide range of information resources, both electronic and printed, including our Guide to life with secondary breast cancer
- Family Time services for members with dependent children, such as family trips or treats that help create special memories for families
- Referrals to and collaboration with other community organisations supporting families experiencing cancer.