Do you want to be part of an organisation that truly makes a difference in your community?
Sweet Louise is looking for a motivated and committed compassionate individual to become our Support Coordinator in Northland area.
Sweet Louise is the only charitable organisation in New Zealand dedicated to supporting women and men living with incurable breast cancer. We are here to help those living with incurable breast cancer to live as well as they can for as long as possible. Sweet Louise does this by providing practical, emotional, social and financial support to its members. A Sweet Louise member is someone living with incurable breast cancer. Membership is free, as is the ongoing support and services on offer through Sweet Louise Coordinators who play a vital role in ensuring members access the services appropriate to them and their families.
About the role
You will be an integral part of the Sweet Louise services and provide ongoing information and support to help improve the quality of life of those living with incurable breast cancer. The job of Support Coordinator includes being the liaison person for our members, helping them to access our services and navigate their journey. As part of our small committed team you will have wide ranging responsibilities including building relationships with service providers, a wide range of health care professionals and other support organisations.
Qualifications & Experience
The ideal candidates will have a nursing, allied health or health care support health navigator background with palliative care experience desirable but not necessary. The ability to work autonomously is a must with an expectation of keeping up with current trends and research along with ongoing education. The role is part-time, 2 days per week
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Delivering appropriate Sweet Louise services to our members in a caring and effective way
- Managing a caseload of Sweet Louise Members and maintaining regular contact
- Identifying needs of members and refer to Sweet Louise services, or external providers as appropriate
- Organising and facilitate member meetings in your region, which may include arranging venues, catering, speakers, and transport
- Welcoming, register and assess/confirm eligibility of new members for Sweet Louise services
- Providing support, information, and signpost members as appropriate to meet the needs of the member
- Establishing and maintain relationships with relevant external healthcare professionals and agencies, including providers of services for breast cancer patients such as government agencies and social service providers
- Keeping up to date with and share new developments in breast cancer care, treatment and support networks with Members and the Sweet Louise team.
- Liaising with current and potential Sweet Louise service providers, volunteers, and supporters as appropriate
- Working as part of the broader Sweet Louise team, ‘hands on’, flexible to take on other admin tasks as requested
Flexible working hours, home working, reasonable travel expenses reimbursement, 4 weeks annual leave, paid supervision, opportunity to travel within NZ, training, and development opportunities.
Full job description
- Download the job description here
If you think you have what it takes, please email your application to [email protected]
Closing Date for Applications: 12PM Friday August 18th 2023